Heal the world, put a smile on someones face today.

Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Letter To My Mum On Her Birthday


Wale Yusuf's photo.

Mum, today is your Birthday and to be honest is another day to celebrate the greatest Mom in the world.
I know a lot of people say they have the greatest mom, but I truly believe that I and my junior brothers and sister are blessed with the worlds greatest mom.
Don’t believe me, well let me give you some reasons why you are so great:

1. Loving
From the first day I can remember you have always said you love me and you are proud of me. No matter what I did, how well I did it, or even if I did anything at all, you were there to tell me that you loved me and that you were proud of me.

2. Caring
You have always been more concerned about us even if it cost you sleep. From late night adventures to early morning lunch packing, you always made sure that we were taken care of even if you had to stay up late at night or get up early. I always knew that no matter what time I came home at night you would wake up to make sure that I was safe and alive.

3. Serving
I remember talking to my friends at school and hearing about their Sundays and what they did at church. It always struck me as weird that they just went to church and then went home. For a long time I thought it was weird that we didn’t just show up and then go home, but instead stayed at church for hours serving. It wasn’t that I was upset, it was that a lot of my friends parents didn’t do that. It wasn’t until I got older did I start to see just how big of servants heart you had. You have taught me what it means to be a servant and to have a servants heart.

4. Teaching
From a young age you taught us about Jesus, domestic works like cooking, watching, sweeping and respect for elders, you taught us how to speak, and you taught us how to love and how to give harms and forgiveness. Never forgetting that you were a Mom, you would come home from long hours at work to help us with our homework or just plain listen to us complain. But you always were there to teach us how to live, and that was best done by the example you showed us each and every day. 

5. Parenting
I have always told you that when I marry I will show love and affection to my wife and children just like you have been showing to us, I know it is not easy, but your example has shown me what it means to be a parent. You have taught me about patience, about discipline, and about how to unconditionally love. Today my humble wife call me Glorious while my children always say to me “I love u dad” regardless of my short comes.

6................
Number 6 I am leaving blank. Not because I ran out of things to say about you, but because I am excited for another years to celebrate your life and the many things that you have shown all of us.
If you notice Mom, all of these things that make you great end with “ing.” The reason behind that is because you have always been doing, acting, living a life that does not sit down and expect things to happen but makes them happen. You have been an active participant in my life and our family and for that you are the greatest Mom in the World.
On the day we celebrate your birth, I (we) celebrate our birth to you. Because we could not be blessed with a mother better then you. Oh and I guess Dad is okay too
 Wale Yusuf's photo.
Wale Yusuf's photo.I wrote this for my mum's birthday. I love you mummy.
I Love You Mum
You brighten up my life,
With tender love and care,
When I reach out
You're always there.

You're someone I can count on,
When I need a helping hand,
You're warm and loving,
You always understand.

I'm so thankful to have
A mum like you,
There is no other,
Who could fill your shoes.

I always took for granted,
That you were there for me,
And all the things you did,
But now I see.

You're such a good example,
Of what a mum should be,
We always get along so well,
Even when we disagree.

You're so patient,
And understanding;
You don't ask for anything,
You're outstanding.

You're so quick to give,
And such a joy to be around,
You're such a good person,
You deserve a special crown.

You have a good heart,
You're honest and true,
You're the best mother,
And I really love you.                       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment