Heal the world, put a smile on someones face today.

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Man Gets 3 Months Jail Term For Groping Woman’s Breasts


groping…happens a lot in buses

The accused breached the girl’s modesty and privacy when he told her he loved her – Prosecutors.
A man who told a woman in an elevator that he loved her before groping her breasts has been sentenced to three months in jail.
The 32-year-old Pakistani admitted that he stopped the 26-year-old Lebanese saleswoman in the lift, assaulted her and put his arm around her waist in September.
“Yes sir I am guilty. I hugged her and touched her private parts… I told her that I love her because I do,” said the accused when he appeared before the Dubai Court of First Instance.
Presiding Judge Maher Salama Al Mahdi handed him three months in jail to be followed by deportation.
Prosecutors also said the accused breached the girl’s modesty and privacy when he told her he loved her.
According to the accusation sheet, the suspect was said to have stood face to face with the woman in the elevator and told her “hi, I love you”. Then he touched her indecently.
The woman testified that the man had stalked her when she entered the elevator wanting to go to her flat.
“The defendant was in the lift. When I stepped inside, he looked up in my face and said ‘hi… I love you’. When I asked him if he knew me, he said yes. Then I rushed out to my flat. A few days later I bumped into him in the corridor that leads to my flat. He blocked my way and said hi. When I asked him to move away, he groped me. I pushed him and walked away, but he put his arm around my waist. I pushed him again and entered my flat quickly.
“The next day I asked a neighbour to walk me to the flat because I was afraid of the defendant. The neighbour tried to speak with the defendant… but the latter nodded his head claiming he does not understand English or Arabic,” claimed the woman.
A Syrian neighbour said the victim claimed to him that the defendant repeatedly harassed her every time she returned home.
The primary judgment remains subject to appeal within 13 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment