Heal the world, put a smile on someones face today.

Thursday 19 December 2013

Yes, Iyabo Obasanjo Discussed Some Of The Issues About Her Father With Me, Says Osoba


AREMO SEGUN OSOBA

Renowned journalist and two-time former Ogun State governor, Aremo Segun Osoba, yesterday weighed in on the controversy generated by a letter purportedly written by Senator Iyabo Obasanjo to her father, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, saying the details of the letter as it pertained to him were correct.

According to Iyabo in her letter, she met with Mr. Osoba in the United States last September by coincidence and offered to give him a ride to his destination during which they had extensive discussions on issues relating to her father and the country.

“Iyabo was relating with me closely and it is true that we met, I confirm that and it is true that we had (a) conversation”, Mr. Osoba said.

He added: “She didn’t tell me that I rigged election because I never rig elections, and in any case, I reported the meeting to the father in the church early November in the presence of the Awujale of Ijebuland inside the church.

“So, the meeting took place and I reported the meeting to the father which made the father to phone. After discussing with the father and telling him that I saw his daughter, he must have phoned his daughter,” Osoba said.

He, however, denied any knowledge of a claim by Iyabo in her 11-page letter that the former president promised her a senatorial ticket on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying “The issue of she being given ticket by APC, I don’t know who promised that, please put my name clear from that”.

No comments:

Post a Comment