Heal the world, put a smile on someones face today.

Thursday 23 May 2013

Text Your Child Today If You Care!




A friend just called me few hours ago and told me about the death of a 100level university student in his neighborhood who was on drugs and alcohol.

Meanwhile his parents never knew their child is into drugs and alcohol consumption in school not untill his death believing that his is doing great, because of the good upbringing from home.

This sad news inspires me to write those short text messages we can text to our children in school and where ever they may be time to time just to show we care and love them, reminding them that they should be a good ambassador of the family where ever they are, and what ever they do, like the Yoruba adage “Ranti omo eni ti iwo’ns” meaning remember the child of whom you’re.

Am sure your child have a mobile phone, they likely receive text messages from all their friends; so why not send one to your child as a parent? It's a great way to stay in touch, let them know you're thinking about them, and remind them to avoid underage use of drugs and drinking.

1.  Just thinking about you. You're a great kid. Lots of love.

2.  FACT: Underage drinking causes brain damage.

3.  FACT: We all love your brain as it is.

4.  Hey, what's up? Give me a call when you get a minute.

5.  Just a reminder not to drink. Have fun, but don't drink.

6.  Look who's text messaging! Just wanted to say hi. I love you.

7.  Just a quick reminder to make good decisions today. I love you.

8.  Hi! Where are you? Let me know. Thanks.

9.  Remember, I expect you to stay away from alcohol. I love you too much to see you 
     get hurt.

10. Just wanted to say I love you and that you're special to me.

11. I'm sure glad you're my kid! I love you.

12. Remember to value your brain and who you're becoming. No drinking. I love you.

13. We're having a great dinner tonight. So please be home on time.

14. REMEMBER: Our no drinking rule will keep you both safe and happy.

15. Hope you're having fun. You're important to us. Stay drug and alcohol-free.

16. Remember your commitment to stay drug- and alcohol-free. I'm counting on you.

17. Have a great time...but remember, no drinking! If you do, you're toast! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment