Heal the world, put a smile on someones face today.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Day I Was Embarrassed In Church For A Movie Role I Played - Nollywood Actress


Mary Uloma Lazarus is one of the new faces of Nollywood. Barely five years old in 'Tinsel town', the starlet from Delta State has already charted a trajectory to top-flight acting career.
The actress-cum-model conveys just how much acting means the world to her when she avows that “l have always said that whoever I will marry in future must not stop me from acting or the relationship will suffer a setback.”
In this hearty chat with Sunday Express, when asked if she has ever been embarrassed before, read what she said below;
Have you ever been embarrassed as an actress?
I would say I have been lucky because I got most of my jobs based on merit because I have not encountered things like that before.
I have been lucky to have a clean state on any form of sexual harassment whether by producers, fans or what have you.
However, there was a day I was embarrassed by a woman in the church for the role I played in Happy Family. 
We were busy sharing the grace and immediately we said ‘amen,’ a woman hit me hard at my back and asked what I was praying about, that I am a very bad girl who has been going about stealing my father’s money and that I should try and give my father rest of mind.
It took a while before people around got to know that she was actually talking about a soap opera and not reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment